· Helen Keller was born on June 27 1880 on a farm in Alabama.
· When she was 2 years old she became very sick. In time she got well. But her illness left her deaf and blind.
· Because Helen could not hear she also could not talk she had no way of telling people how she felt?
· When Helen was 7, a woman named Annie Sullivan came to live with the Keller’s to be Helens teacher.
· One day Annie took Helen to the well and pored water in her hands. Annie spelled water in them in sign language.
· Helen understood what it meant and she could finally talk to people in a different way.
· Helen went to collage with Annie right next to her.